Monday, July 26, 2010

Italian Sausage and Pepper Sammies

So, I have been the worst blogger ever, but I guess I have a pretty decent excuse! Baby boy is due any day now and even though I have been cooking here and there, I haven't been making anything too blog worthy. We have been eating a lot of repeat recipes (taco mac, spinach tortellini salad, Chicken spinach wraps, French's Fried Onion pork chops).

This morning, Zach picked several really nice green peppers from our garden, so I defrosted some turkey sausage we had in the freezer and made sausage and pepper sandwiches. They were really yummy.


Italian Sausage and Peppers Sammies
A Running Mama Cooks Original Recipe

Ingredients:

6 mild Italian turkey sausage links
2 tbs Olive oil
3 medium green peppers
2 medium onions
4 garlic cloves
1 large can crushed tomatoes
Basil
Italian seasoning
crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
4 hoagie rolls

Directions:

Brown sausage on medium heat. Remove and set aside. Heat olive oil and saute garlic until lightly browned. Add peppers and onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.

Cut sausage into chunks and return to pan. Add crushed tomato and seasonings to taste. Simmer. Serve on lightly toasted hoagie rolls.

ZACH'S RATING - ****



Update - I ended up going into labor that night!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...