Sunday, March 7, 2010

Baby T and Me, Still on the Road

For now at least!! Since I haven't raced in quite some time, I thought I'd update you on my running during pregnancy so far. Although I haven't been running as much as I'd like, I am still getting out there, at least once a week.

About a month ago, I was coming down with a cold and forced myself on the treadmill anyway, it was the most miserable mile of my life. I thought I was done with running and felt pretty sad about it. After a few weeks of being sick, I gave it another try and was able to squeeze out a few miles. It felt pretty good! Even though I've been spinning, teaching boot camp and pilates, and doing varies other exercises, running is really what makes me feel strong.

This morning I couldn't resist the ideal running conditions. Sunny, almost 50 degrees, just perfect. Since my running skirt still fits, I decided it was game on. I haven't ran outside in well over a month, mostly because of the snow and ice, and it really felt great. I was able to run 3 miles, slowly, but I still felt strong.

I think I might have at least another month in me. I was hoping to make it to 20 weeks, which is now only a week and a half away, so my new goal might be 6 months. Just 10 more days before I know whether my "running partner" is a boy or a girl!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...