Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chicken Stir Fry

I was wandering around Wegmans this afternoon looking for something quick I could make after teaching boot camp and pilates tonight and the stir fry veggies caught my eye. They have chicken already cut up, all ready to stir fry, so it really makes it easy. I came home and made my own stir fry sauce and popped it in the fridge. It was so quick to throw together. And so yummy.

The sauce:

1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tsp ground ginger
few pinches of crushed red peppers
2 tbs hoisin sauce

yields approx 1 cup of sauce

Here is the chicken, gotta love how Wegmans makes it so convenient! I heated some olive oil on high heat and sauteed the chicken.

Then I added the veggies. I took out the bok choy since I am not really a fan, and added a can of sliced water chestnuts and a can of bamboo shoots instead. After the veggies were in, I poured in the stir fry sauce.

Simmered for 10 mins until the brown rice was ready. So easy!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...