Friday, May 14, 2010

Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't have a single good reason why I needed to bake cookies this afternoon except that everyone has been raving about this recipe and I had to try it. That and maybe I can play the pregnancy card :)

I think Leslie said it best, "Hot Damn! These cookies are INSANE!!" You must make them too.

Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by The Brown Eyed Baker

Makes about 16 cookies

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.

4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look delish- going to try them next chance I get. I enjoy your posts and added your link to my blogroll. Thanks!

Kelly said...

Thank you! Im glad you enjoy it! Let me know how you like the cookies :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...