Thursday, May 6, 2010

Turkey and Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers

I love stuffed peppers! Here is my recipe. I made them this afternoon and had them all set in the fridge so Zach could pop them in the oven while I was teaching tonight. Dinner was ready when I got home!

Turkey and Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers
A Running Mama Original Recipe

Ingredients:

5-6 bell peppers, any color
1 lb ground turkey breast
1 cup cooked brown rice (I use boil-in-bag)
15 ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup grated reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 tbs chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt

Directions:

Preheat the over to 350

Cut tops off peppers, wash and take out all the seeds. season with salt. Set into a baking dish.

Brown turkey. Add onions and cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, rice, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder and allow to simmer. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.

Place turkey mixture inside the peppers. Top with remaining cheese. Add 1/2 inch water into the baking dish. Bake covered for 35-40 minutes.


Peppers after they were stuffed:

ZACH"S RATING - *** 1/2

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...