Monday, August 16, 2010

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

My first meal in exactly 3 weeks! Allison tried this one out a few weeks ago, so I thought Id give it a try. An easy crockpot meal seemed like the best way to get back into cooking while also juggling 2 kids. Here is the original recipe.

I really liked these sandwiches a lot, but they were very spicy! Definitely depends on what kind of wing sauce you use, the one I used was "medium." I was definitely sweating a bit when I was done!!

I shredded the chicken right in the crockpot about an hour before eating, so it would soak up some of the sauce. We topped them off with some shredded Mexican cheese and Zach put blue cheese on his (I am not a fan).

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Recipe from Allrecipes.com

Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
2 tablespoons butter
6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise

Directions


1.Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.

2.Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.

Another cute Finn picture :D


ZACH'S RATING - ***

Update - I used the leftovers to make buffalo chicken pizza. It was awesome.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...