Monday, August 16, 2010

Zucchini Bread

I'm back in the kitchen! Finally got the nerve to take both kids grocery shopping today and it wasn't as tough as I had anticipated! I actually have dinner cooking in the crockpot now, so look out for that post later. Hopefully I will eventually be back to cooking full time soon. But a big thank you to all my friends and family who have feeding us over the past 3 weeks!

This afternoon Finn was content in his swing so I decided to make zucchini bread. I've had this recipe for awhile, not really sure where I originally got it from. Its an easy and delicious way to sneak veggies into Cecily's diet!

Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325

Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans

In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla.

Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.

Bake for 60-70 mins or until done

My handsome boy :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...