Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Prosciutto and Spinach Quiche with Potato Crust

I'll admit it, I am a little slice happy since purchasing a mandolin slicer this weekend. I wanted to make a quiche for dinner tonight and thought a potato crust would be a great excuse to slice away! I looked around online for some recipes, and settled on this one from For the Love of Cooking. I heavily adapted the filling but used this method for the crust.

It was good, but not great. I wanted the potatoes to be much crispier and think that if it was done more like a fritatta in a pan and then baked, it would be better. I wont give up on this one, I think it can be great!

Prosciutto and Spinach Quiche with a Potato Crust
Adapted from For the Love of Cooking

Ingredients:

2 medium potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
4 oz prosciutto cubed
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tbs olive oil
8 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Direction:

Preheat oven to 375. Arranged potato slices on greased pie plate and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside

Heat pan to medium heat. Add olive oil and saute prosciutto until crisp. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels. Add onion and cook until caramelized, about 5-8 minutes.

Combine milk, eggs, prosciutto, onion, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach and salt and pepper. Pour into potato crust and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until set. Allow to cook for a few minutes before slicing.

The potato crust


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...