Monday, March 21, 2011

Run from Winter 10k Race Report

Sunday morning I ran the Run from Winter 10k at Duke Island Park. It was a beautiful morning, cool and crisp 50 degrees. Perfect running weather!

That morning I was feeling very tired since it was Cecily's 5th birthday on Saturday. We spent the day in NYC at the American Girl store and had an amazing time! We were all beat from such a fun filled day and I was regretting signing up for a race the next morning.

I am so glad that I didn't bail on the race because I had such a great run! I felt good the entire time and ran faster than I had expected. My pace lately has been very slow (and I am normally pretty slow) so running with 11:30 splits the whole race was really good for me. Up until yesterday, I also hadn't run more than 5 miles since having Finn.

The course was nice and flat on paved trails. It was very scenic as well. I finished in 1:11:50, not too far off from my 10k PR. I was thrilled!

Here are my splits:

Mile 1 - 11:27
Mile 2 - 11:45
Mile 3 - 11:38
Mile 4 - 11:28
Mile 5 - 11:49
Mile 6 - 11:14
.2 - 9:53

This race has made me excited for all the spring 5ks coming up! I know I can crush my last time!

Cecily and Kit
Finny Boy

Zach and C

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...