Monday, June 28, 2010

BBQ Ribs

Sorry I have been MIA for so long! I can't believe its been over a week since I've cooked anything (unless you count the box of Kraft Mac n Cheese I made the other night!). Life has been very busy, so we have been doing a lot of eating on the run.

Tonight we were finally all home for dinner so I prepared a rack of BBQ pork ribs that I've been meaning to make since last week. I defrosted the ribs and had them cooking in the crockpot all day so I could put this meal together quickly after a fun day at the beach! I got the idea for this method from our friend Jim. The ribs come out perfect every time. It may seem weird, but trust me on this one.

BBQ Ribs
A Running Mama Cooks Original Recipe

Ingredients:

1 rack center cut pork ribs
1 liter bottle pepsi
BBQ sauce

Directions:

Place ribs in crockpot and cover with pepsi. You may have to cut the rack in half. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Preheat the oven to 400. Remove ribs from crockpot carefully (they will be falling apart a bit) and place on a baking sheet. Coat both sides with BBQ sauce and place in the oven for 20 minutes.

I served them with mashed red potatoes and corn. Yummy!

ZACH'S RATING - ****

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...