Sunday, December 20, 2009

Garlic Pecan Cheddar Cheese Ring

Tonight we attended a fun dinner party with the Luciano and Maizel families. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite holiday traditions. We had a wonderful time and I cannot thank Allison and Nick enough for hosting. Dinner was delicious and we had a blast!

I decided to make my mother's go-to party appetizer, a Garlic Pecan Cheddar Cheese Ring. It is very tasty and everyone raves about it.

Ingredients

6 cups shredded sharp cheddar
1 cup Mayo
6-8 fresh minced garlic
Large onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup chopped pecans
few dashes of Tabasco

Mix all ingredients except for the nuts and mayo. Then add the mayo. If it isn't wet enough, add a little at a time until it is the right consistency. Mix in nuts. Mold into a ring with food gloves and refrigerate overnight. Serve with raspberry seeded preserves in the middle.


It was very easy to make, although I will admit Zach needed to help me with the mayo since I have "issues" with this particular condiment! :)

Here are a few more pictures from our fun evening!

The big kids!


Santa came!!

The girls


The Guys

Big T

Baby Rebecca (and her Mommy)

The Desserts! YUM!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...