Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chicken Cutlets and Baked Rice Pilaf

Tonight I made my favorite dish growing up, good old Chicken cutlets. My sister and I would BEG my mom to make these. It was the first thing I learned how to cook on my own and while they are never quite as good as moms, they come out almost as tasty!!!

It really couldn't get any easier. Just dip thin cut chicken breasts in egg and coat with Italian flavored breadcrumbs (I mix in a handful of parm cheese as well). Cook in about a 1/2 inch of olive oil that has been heated on medium high. I like them pretty dark so I flip them when they look right, maybe 4 minutes or so on each side.

I served it tonight with steamed broccoli and Baked Rice Pilaf. I have blogged about it before and can't say enough about this recipe. Thanks again to Maria (Chef Mommy) for putting it in her blog! Its my new fav!

Baked Rice Pilaf

Ingredients:

2 tbsp. butter
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 cup long-grain white rice
2½ cups chicken broth, divided
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
Squeeze of lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 375° F. Have ready a covered casserole dish. In a saucepan or skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and rice to the pan and cook until both are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of the chicken broth,salt, pepper and bring to a boil. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish, cover, and bake for 25 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1½ cups chicken broth and bake, covered, for another 45 minutes. About 15 minutes before it is finished baking, stir in a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.

Note: This recipe can be doubled without increasing the baking time.


1 comments:

Maria said...

Mmmmmm...I love this and totally reminds me of my childhood and NJ!! I'll be making this soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...