Thursday, December 17, 2009

No-Bake Protein Bars


First of all, I must apologize for being MIA! This Christmas season has been SO busy, that I have barely cooked at all, let alone anything interesting enough to blog about!

So yesterday, in honor of my first night teaching fitness classes, I made No-Bake Protein Bars, a recipe I saw in Oxygen Magazine http://www.oxygenmag.com/.

No-Bake Protein Bars

Ingredients
2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. A Naturally More Than Peanut Butter
4 scoops muscle milk cookies n' cream light (I used a banana flavored protein powder)
1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
1/2 c. water
I also added 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips, which wasn't in the original recipe

Directions

1. Knead all ingredients in a large bowl.

2. Line square baking pan with wax paper. Spread dough into pan using a spatula.
Optional - spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top before freezing
3. Freeze for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from freezer. Cut into 8 bars.
Number of Servings: 8

They were really easy and great for a pre or post workout snack! I ate one before heading to the YMCA for my Pilates and Boot Camp classes. I was really nervous to teach for the first time but felt good once I got started! I am excited to be actually starting such a fun new career!

1 comments:

Chantal said...

I make these for my teen. They are easy to make and she brings along an apple to eat with it. Mine go in my gym bag!
Pull them straight from the freezer. They don't have preservatives, so don't leave them out at room temp for more than a day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...