Saturday, January 30, 2010

Family Pizza Night

Tonight we had my parents and my in laws over for a casual dinner and we made homemade pizzas. My father worked in a pizza parlour back in the day, so he was in charge of stretching and flipping the dough. I made a big pot of homemade marinara sauce and got all the toppings ready to go.
Cecily loved helping out!

We preheated the oven to 425 and cooked some of the pizzas on pizza stone and the others on a floured cookie sheet. The all came out really tasty, but we preferred the dough that was stretched a little thinner on the cookie sheet.
The first was a white caprese pizza. I added 2 minced garlic cloves to 2 cups of ricotta cheese. After spreading some olive oil on the dough, we put the ricotta mixture and mozzarella. Then sliced vine ripened tomatoes and basil.

For the second pie, we used my sauce, mozz cheese sauteed cremini mushrooms and caramelized onions. This was my favorite flavor combination.

Last but not least, mild turkey sausage and chopped green peppers. This square pie had the best crust. Delish!





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...