Monday, February 1, 2010

Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff

This dish is easy, low fat and delicious. Can't go wrong!

I've had this recipe for a long time, I believe it originated on the NJ Nest. I used to know the weight watchers points to go along with it, but I can't remember that now.

Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff

16 oz container fat free or lite sour cream
1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg lipton onion soup mix
1 container cremini mushrooms or 2 small cans of mushrooms*
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
3/4 lbs egg noodles
Chopped flat leaf parsley

Coat the crockpot with cooking spray. Mix the first 3 ingredients in the crockpot. Add chicken and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low f0r 6-8 hours. Serve over egg noodles and garnish with parsley.

*this is the first time I've used fresh mushrooms and while they were delicious, they did water down the sauce a bit. I think I will stick with canned from now on. I've also added sliced onion in the past which is a nice addition as well.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...