Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Meat Pie

Easter Meat Pie is a tradition in my family. Mommom, my grandmother, makes it every year. This year I decided that I wanted to help her make it and learn how she does it. On Tuesday, we got together for the afternoon and had a great time cooking, and then having some tea and her homemade biscotti (the next thing I want to learn how to make!)

Easter Meat Pie
Recipe by Florance Colarusso

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1/2 lb ham
2 pepperoni
1/4 lb salami
1/4 lb prosciutto
3 lbs ricotta cheese
1 basket cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup shredded mozzarella

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch spring form pan

Chop all the meat and set aside. In a mixer, beat eggs and add in cheeses one at a time. Stir in meats.

Place prepared pastry dough (we made it from scratch) into the spring form pan. Pour in egg mixture. Make a lattice top with extra pastry dough.

Bake for 1 hour

Filling:

Mommom rolling out the pastry dough:

Pie ready for the oven:Cheddar Cheese Ring that I also made for Easter:

Our four generation picture:

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...