Monday, November 9, 2009

Crockpot Applesauce

I saw this recipe in A Year of Slowcooking blog and thought it would be a great thing to make since I love applesauce so much. An easy healthy snack to have on hand. Plus I am making pork chops tonight and thought it would be a nice addition to that meal! I used 6 honey crisp apples and adjusted the recipe accordingly.

Crockpot Applesauce

Ingrediants

This makes enough for 4 people. If you would like to freeze or can, use more apples.

--4 large apples, skinned ,cored, and cut in quarters
--juice from 1 lemon
--1/2 tsp cinnamon
--1 tsp vanilla
--1 T brown sugar
--1/4 cup H20

The Directions.

I used a 4 quart crockpot for the applesauce.
Skin, core, and cut your apples into quarters. Plop the pieces into your crockpot. Add the juice from the lemon, and the water. Pour in the vanilla (I used imitation--we were out of the good stuff), and add the cinnamon and brown sugar.
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. When the apples are super tender, mash with a potato masher or large fork. My apples were very tender after 6 hours, and I used a fork.


All the ingrediants in the crockpot ready to go:

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...