Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rigatoni with Red Peppers, Almonds and Bread Crumbs

The other night I watched Giada's Ingredients in 15 minutes episode of Everyday Italian and she made this recipe. My husband said "ohh" when he saw the roasted red peppers so I added it to my "to do" list.

I made a few additions. I marinated about a pound of chicken breasts in Italian dressing and had Zach grill them and cut into bite size chunks. I also added small bits of fresh mozzarella and a generous handful of shredded asiago cheese.

Ingredients

1 pound rigatoni pasta
3 cups purchased garlic-flavored croutons, (about 5 ounces)
1/4 cup slivered almonds (about 1 ounce), toasted
1 cup julienned roasted red bell peppers
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Directions

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta into a large bowl.Place the croutons and the almonds in a food processor. Pulse until it becomes the texture of bread crumbs. Add the crouton and almond mixture to the hot pasta. Add the peppers and the olive oil. Toss to combine and serve.

We all really enjoyed this dish. Very easy and tasty!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...