Monday, November 30, 2009

Crockpot Lime Chicken Tacos

Our friends Leslie and Ryan came over last night for dinner (and so Ryan could graciously rescue our computer from crazy viruses) so I decided to make Lime Chicken Tacos to go with the White Bean Chicken Chili Leslie brought over.

I am sure I got this recipe from the NJ Nestie board, but I couldn't for the life of me find the link. I've changed it around a bit the few times that I've made it and its always delicious.

I spray my crockpot with cooking spray and add in 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Then I mix about a 1/3 cup lime juice with a generous tbs of chili powder and pour it over the chicken. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

Once the chicken is cooked, I shred it in the crockpot, I mix in a little more chili powder and some cumin. Then I add a sliced green pepper, sliced onion and a cup of frozen corn. Let it cook for 1-2 more hours and its done!

I served it with flour tortillas, some shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa and chopped tomatoes.

Here's our whole Southwestern Spread!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...