Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Baked Rice Pilaf

Believe it or not, this dish is my 3.5 year old's favorite. She LOVES tilapia! Since it was just me an Cecily for dinner tonight, I decided to make it since its quick and easy. I am not sure where I originally got the recipe, but I've simplified it over time and it has become one of my "go to" dinners.

I keep a frozen club pack of tilapia in the freezer at all times. They are individually wrapped so I can take out as many as I need. They defrost so fast which is also a plus.

Heat the oven to broil. Mix roughly 2 tbs of dried basil with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan. This is for 3-4 filets.

Once the filets are defrosted, I take them out of their package and pat dry with a paper towel. Then I put fresh cracked pepper on each side and place on a baking sheet that I sprayed with cooking spray.

Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 3 minutes. Take the baking sheet out, flip the filets and coat with the Parmesan mixture.

Broil with the oven door open until the cheese is brown and bubbly, usually about 3 more minutes or so.

I served it with a Baked Rice Pilaf recipe that I saw on Chef Mommy's blog. I steamed some asparagus, cut it up and mixed it into the rice when it was finished. SOO yummy! I will definitely be making this rice again!


This meal was Cecily Approved!!

2 comments:

KB said...

That looks absolutely delicious!

Maria said...

Hi Kelly!
I clicked on this b/c my 4 year old son also LOVES tilapia! I'll have to give this recipe a try soon.
That rice pilaf is so, so good...can't wait to make it again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...