Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Asian Glazed Chicken Thighs

I'm back on the wagon and staring the year off right with healthy eating. I immediately went to one of my favorite food blogs, Gina's Weight Watchers recipes, to get some ideas. This one caught my eye immediately. I love cooking Asian food at home, so much better than take out!

The only thing I changed about this recipe is that I used thighs instead of drumsticks. And with only 5 weight watchers points plus per serving (4 servings total) you cant go wrong! It was so good that I had it for lunch today with steamed broccoli and dinner with brown rice.

Asian Glazed Chicken Thighs
Very slightly adapted Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Ingredients:

8 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
Pam spray oil
1 cup water
1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 tsp agave nectar (or sugar)
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
1 tsp sesame seeds

Directions:

In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8 minutes until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick) Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve

4 comments:

Candace said...

Hello! I've just stumbled on your blog and I'm so glad I did. I did a quick google search to try to find an Asian inspired glaze for some chicken thighs and this is where I landed. Your recipe looks amazing! I am going to give it a try tonight with some rice and fresh asparagus. Thank you for sharing your recipe! I'm adding your blog to my reader and look forward to getting to know you. Have a wonderful evening, Candace

Candace said...

Kelly, this recipe was delicious! I will definitely be making it again. According to your husband's scale, my husband gave it *****! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! Have a great weekend, Candace

http://discoveringcandace.blogspot.com/2011/02/asian-glazed-chicken-thighs.html

Kelly said...

Glad you enjoyed it Candace!! This is one of our new favorites!!

Donna Tanner said...

This was awesome, will be making it again

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...