Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Walnut Crusted Chicken Tenders

I have always been on the picky side when it comes to food, my friends and family would definitely agree. I have a few food "issues" and always had a long list of things I didn't like. Since I started cooking, I have tried a lot of new foods and realized that there are a lot of things on that list that are actually pretty good! (although mayo is still a no go!!!)

Nuts are number one on that list. I have recently discover that I like pecans, almonds, and walnuts. I like walnuts so much that I've been looking for new ways to use them. Tonight, I thought I would put a new spin on these oven "fried" chicken tenders.
These were good, but next time I think Id switch up the amount of walnuts and panko, making it more panko and less walnuts. It was a great flavor, but a bit overpowering.

Walnut Crusted Chicken Tenders
A Running Mama Cooks Original Recipe
Serves 4, 10 WW points plus per serving

Ingredients:

Cooking spray
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into tenders
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped in food processor
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup egg beaters

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Mix together chopped walnuts and panko breadcrumbs. Place in a shallow bowl or dish. Dip tenders in flour, then dredge in egg beaters and coat with walnut mixture.
Arrange tenders on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...