Monday, November 9, 2009

Grilled Pork Chops, Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus

Tonight I made grilled pork chops served with applesauce I made in the crockpot early today along with garlic mashed red potatoes and roasted asparagus.

For the chops, I used a dry rub recommended by Allison. Here are the ingredients. Zach grilled the chops for me. I don't think I'll ever make pork chops any other way. This was SO GOOD.

Ingredients

1 tsp pepper
1 tsp mustard seed
1.5 tsp paprika
1.5 tsp brown sugar
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

Lightly rub pork chops with EVOO and then press rub into meat.

The rub:

Chops ready for the grill:

The idea for the potatoes came from Allrecipes.com
Ingredients

8 medium red potatoes, quartered
3 cloves garlic, peeled (I used minced garlic since I didn't have fresh on hand)
2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
1/2 cup fat-free milk, warmed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used shredded Asiago)

Directions

Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender. Drain well. Add the butter, milk and salt; mash. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
And I roasted the asparagus for 15 mins on 450 after drizzling with olive oil and salt

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...