Saturday, October 31, 2009

Homemade Salsa

For my Mexican dinner tonight, I decided it would be fun to attempt making my own fresh salsa. I was really surprised at how easy it was and how good it turned out!!

I got the recipe from allrecipes.com. Here is a link to the Original Recipe

Fresh Tomato Salsa

Ingredients

3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup finely diced onion
5 serrano chiles, finely chopped (I used a poblano pepper instead)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons lime juice

Directions


In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, onion, chili peppers, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Chill for one hour in the refrigerator before serving.

I used my food processor to chop all the veggies and then smoothed out the salsa in the blender at the end. Yum!!!

Here is the Salsa served with Allison's homemade guac and homemade chips!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...