Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Meatloaf


My friend Allison told me she made meatloaf over the weekend so of course I've been craving it ever since! I do not have a "go to" recipe so I asked her what she uses. She told me she uses the Lipton Onion Soup mix recipe and glazed the meatloaf with 1/4 cup ketchup mixed with 2 tbs brown sugar. I decided to give it a try!



Lipton Superior Meatloaf

1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup ketchup

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
2. Shape into loaf in 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan.
3. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

The only thing I added to the recipe was about 1/2 cup defrosted frozen spinach.



Cecily was a little unsure about mixing it by hand








But she loved "painting" the glaze on!


All ready for the oven


An hour later, its ready to eat! It was SO good. Very moist and tasty. I'll be making it this way again for sure!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...