Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread


I am not much of a baker, but I do like to make a few things, especially this time of year. I have been known for some big baking mishaps, so I have to make sure I pay extra close attention to detail!

Today I read through several blogs looking for a pumpkin bread recipe to try. I have one that I have used in the past which is good, but tends to be a bit heavy. I found this recipe in Food alla Puttanesca and loved that it was a lighter version.


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
source: Cooking Light

Ingredients

2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup fat-free vanilla pudding (I used fat-free vanilla yogurt)
4 large egg whites
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking spray


Preparation


Preheat oven to 350°.Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack, and remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.



The bread came out very tasty and super moist. I will definitely be using this recipe again!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...