Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baked Chicken with Mashed Butternut Squash and Parmasan Roasted Green Beans

This meal is a staple for us in the winter, I can't believe how long its been since I've made it! The flavor combo on the chicken is so delicious. My friend Leslie makes her chicken the same way and she turned me onto it a few years ago.

I washed split breasts and placed them into a baking dish. Squeezed a half a lemon on top and sprinkled generously with Paprika and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb. Then I add a drizzle of olive oil and dot the skin with a teeny bit of butter.

I baked it a bit differently this time and was really pleased with how juicy they were. For the first 10 minutes I put them in on 450 and then dropped the temp down to 350 for 45 minutes more. They were perfect!

All ready for the oven:

My side dishes were also really good and very easy. We love mashed butternut squash. Just boil water and then add in pre-cut and washed squash. Cook for 15-20 mins until fork tender.

Drain the squash and then place back into the pot. Add butter, salt and pepper and mash. That's it!

And finally the green beans. I just roasted them with olive oil, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese for 15 minutes

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...