Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Sunday

Every year we have a few friends over for a casual Superbowl get together. Since we had so much fun making homemade pizza last weekend, I made a few tonight for dinner. My friend Ryan's mom sent him down with "chop meat and macaroni", one of our fav dishes that she makes. Thanks Mrs. S!

We started off with a few appetiser's of course. I made a Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip in the crock pot from Gina's Weight Watcher's Blog. It was really delicious and I am not usually much of a blue cheese fan.

Here is the recipe:

Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes


Servings: 11 • Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Calories: 111 • Points: 2.75 ww points

•4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
•1 cup fat free sour cream
•1/2 cup Franks hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
•1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
•1 tsp white wine vinegar
•2 cups cooked shredded chicken*

Mix the first 5 ingredients together until smooth.

Add the chicken and put this in the crock pot on low for 3-4 hours.
Serve warm.
Makes 5 1/2 cups.

*I pouched a pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts in chicken stock and a few bay leafs for 15 minutes, then shredded


Zach put together a more indulgent dip, browning sausage and melting in velveta and rotel. YUM


For our Pizzas, I made a white pie and a meat lovers. Here I am stretching the dough. I got a few good tosses in too!

White pie (Ricotta with two minced garlic cloves, mozz, sliced vine ripened tomatos and fresh basil)

Meat Lovers (My homemade marinara sauce, mozz, shredded cheddar, pepperoni and mild italian sausage)

And finally, also from Mrs. S, her famous chocolate cake with white icing

And for fun, here is my little baby bump :D

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...