Monday, February 22, 2010

Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins

After being away all weekend at a fitness conference, I was really in the mood for a fun, somewhat indulgent meal for dinner. I happen to love meatloaf and have been trying to find one that Zach likes. When I read this recipe, I thought there was a chance!

It is from Rachael Ray. I decided to make them in my large muffin pan as individual loafs to add to the "fun" factor. They came out really tasty and cute! And my husband actually enjoyed meatloaf!

Here is the original recipe. I served it with tator tots and steamed broccoli.

Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
1 red onion, finely chopped
2/3 cup ketchup
2/3 cup bread crumbs
2 large eggs
1/2 cup bread-and-butter pickle chips, chopped
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/3-inch cubes


Directions:

1.Preheat the oven to 400°. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.

2.In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, bread crumbs, eggs and pickles; mix in the onion. Crumble in the beef, add the cheese and mix together. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a 4-by-12-inch loaf. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°, about 35 minutes.


I brushed ketchup on the tops of the muffins prior to baking

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...